These easy Oven-Baked Caesar Chicken Skewers are a fun twist on a classic Caesar Salad. It’s the kind of weeknight recipe that I just love, requiring only a few minutes of prep time, a few ingredients and it can be made in less than 40 minutes total, and that’s including the 20-minute marinating time. Plus, it’s oven-baked, no searing involved, which mean less work! The fun part is wrapping these delicious, juicy and super tender chicken pieces in lettuce leaves and garnishing them with freshely grated parmesan. Crunchy goodness right there. Serve garlic bread on the side and you will have your very own version of a “Dec-onstructed Caesar Salad», a dish that seems to be on every trendy restaurants menu these days!
But this is where this recipe gets even more interesting and may very well become your new best friend: make a double batch so you have plenty of lunch solutions for the week like wrap sandwiches, salads, pasta salad with chicken pieces, really the possibilities are endless which makes me love this recipe even more!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced anchovies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for garnish
- Romaine lettuce and lemon wedges, for serving
- Combine all the marinade ingredient in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add chicken to the marinade and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler and position the rack 6 inches from the heat.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes,until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Transfer skewers to plate, garnish with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and serve with lettuce cups and lemon wedges.
If you like skewers, also try my Shish Taouk Chicken Kebabs and my Pork Souvlaki.