Start this Holiday Season on the right foot with this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Granola. The spiciness of cinnamon, ground ginger and cloves really bring warmth to this delicious granola. I love the addition of puffed rice cereal in this recipe, it makes this granola super crunchy and a bit lighter too.
For me, there is no better way to start the day than a big bowl of fresh delicious fruit with yogurt and granola on top. I’ll tell you, once you start making your own granola, you can never go back, really. First of all, it’s super easy and it tastes so much better than any store-bought version. It’s also a lot healthier because you can control the amount of sugar, salt and fat and use better quality ingredients…no high fructose syrup or palm sugar here!
Looking for some great edible hostess gift ideas for the upcoming holidays? Why not a big jar of this Pumpkin Pie Granola, your hosts will be very greatful I promise!
- 3 cups large-flake rolled oats
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup roasted unsalted shelled sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, puffed rice cereal, pepitas, slivered almonds and sunflower seeds.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable oil, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and salt until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over oat mixture and mix well.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and divide mixture between the two.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching and rotating baking sheets halfway through and stirring twice, until crisp and golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool and break up any large chumps.
Always looking for some great breakfasts ideas?