Bring breakfast to another level by adding a fun twist to your usual french toast with this delicious Peanut Butter & Banana Stuffed French Toast recipe. Elvis’s favorite sandwich transformed into french toast! I’m sure he would have approved, and rightly so: peanut butter and bananas just go so well together, it’s an unbeatable flavor combination, and combined with French toast, this recipe is a surefire favorite for kids and parents alike.
Believe me, this is a powerful breakfast. Bananas pack a big nutritional punch, peanut butter and eggs are a source of protein and fat and together they will keep you full until lunchtime no problem. I prefer natural peanut butter for this as I have never been a fan of the regular peanut but feel fee to use your favorite. Add a touch of maple syrup and you have a completely decadent, gooey delicious breakfast…guilt free…well, almost!
What’s the best bread for french toast? A dense country loaf white bread is classic but challah (egg bread) or brioche bread works really well too.
After you try this peanut butter stuffed french toast with bananas, regular french toast will surely seem a bit boring from now on!
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or more to taste (natural or regular, I prefer natural)
- 4 slices of your favorite bread (ideally day-old)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Spread 2 slices of bread with peanut butter.
- Arrange banana slices evenly over peanut butter.
- Top with the remaining slices. Press slices gently together
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Soak each sandwich in the egg mixture for 5 seconds, turning to coat; discard any remaining egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches, cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup if desired.
Always looking for some great healthy breakfast ideas?