Start your day right with this delicious Rasberry Oatmeal Bread. Perfect for those “on the go” mornings, snacking at school or a quick bite at the office. This bread is also definitive proof that healthy doesn’t have to be boring. Even with whole wheat flour which I’m not a big fan of when I bake, (I know it’s childish but I find it blahh…and dry…and can I mention blahh again?) But here the flour adds a really nice nutty flavor and with the addition of unsweetened apple sauce the whole thing becomes insanely moist (and also lower in fat because you don’t need to add as much oil as you would without it!)
Sometimes I like to spread peanut butter or jam on it to make it extra special! Yum…
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and dust with flour. Tap out excess.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, sugar, oil, buttermilk and vanilla until well blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the oats.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, stir just until evenly combined. Stir in raspberries.
- Spread in loaf pan.
- Bake 60 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.clean.
Also try my Banana Bread, simply the best!